It is with utter indignation that I acknowledge the passing of another year.
When I look back at the last 12 months, I can genuinely say that I am staggered at what a single, and fairly insignificant human being, has done and seen. I’m about to list it all out in a chronological type post so you can see and be astounded along with me.
- Rang in 2013 in Hong Kong
- Welcomed the Year of the Snake in Taiwan
- Did some serious sight seeing in Japan
- Spent a surprise, and divine, 2 weeks in the UK
- Experienced the madness of Bangkok in Thailand
- Felt the sorrow and unwavering optimism of Cambodia
- Was baffled by the anger:acceptance ratio in Vietnam
- Relaxed properly between terrifying mountain road bus trips in Laos
- Learned how to cook, SCUBA dive and feed elephants (not all at the same time) in Thailand
- Toured the tea and food spots of Malaysia
- Felt all shiny again in Singapore
- Fell into lust with Australia
- Found beauty, nerd fests and family in New Zealand
- Moved to Melbourne
- Missed THE wedding because of the strongest typhon ever recorded
- Made amazing friends
- Welcomed some of my mad family to Australia for the holiday of a lifetime
- Said hello to 2014 from a different hemisphere
That list is absolutely redonkulous and it’s very heavily abridged.
I will leave 2013 behind me forever knowing that it is probably the most privileged and special year I will ever be lucky enough to live.